Fall is our favorite time of year at Michael Carr, Inc. And we love to see our neighbors go the extra mile to dress up their homes accordingly. Here are five ideas to enhance curb appeal and make your home fall-friendly in just one weekend!
1. Pumpkins & Hay Bales: Hay isn’t just for horses, and nothing says fall like pumpkins and a bale or two of hay. Strategically place them on either side of your front door, and arrange the pumpkins on and around the hay until you have the look you desire. The vibrant orange will add a nice touch and should last throughout the fall season.
2. Container Plants: Beautiful containers that make a statement can change the entire look of your home. Ornamental grasses are a great look for fall and very resilient with the changing temperatures. Add other
pops of color like the burgundy colored foliage found in plants like the ‘Molly Bush’. Experiment with various colors to achieve the fall look you love most.
3. Window Boxes: We think of southern charm and holiday warmth when we think of window boxes. The sky is the limit for creativity! Stuff some hay along the bottom to serve as a basket of sorts. Consider adding
small to medium size pumpkins and gourds and fall colored foliage. You can even use silk or plastic floral picks to embellish and voila!–instant fall charm.
4. Paint Your Front Door: A bright red or deep orange is excellent for fall and will bring an instant and noticeable change. If you usually hang a fall wreath or other fall decorations on your door, a glossy black is also a great choice, as the fall colors really pop against the dark background.
5. Replace Hardware: Outdated hardware can give your home the same feel-outdated. If your fixture’s shape and structure is satisfactory and you don’t have the funds to replace the lighting around your front door
or porch, consider painting it instead. A high gloss black or even white can update most fixtures without the expense of replacement.