Spring has FINALLY arrived, and we thought you’d appreciate these simple home maintenance reminders to keep your home in top shape!
- Clean window screens by scrubbing them with a soft bristle brush and a mild detergent solution on a flat surface.
- Inspect outdoor structures, windows and doors for deterioration, especially signs of wood rot.
- Prepare for the outdoor cooking season by inspecting gas grills. Clean your cooking grills, replace briquettes as needed, and replace your propane tank.
- Inspect garden hoses for leaks and replace worn washers.
- Check air flow and weather stripping around windows and doors. Replace worn stripping and/or caulk as needed.
- Inspect the crawl space or basement after rain for water accumulation or excessive moisture. Look for signs of water damage on the subfloor and joists beneath plumbed areas of the home.
- Clean the clothes dryer hose and vent thoroughly. Replace the hose if needed. This not only saves energy, but can prevent a possible fire.
- Check fire extinguishers to make sure they are not damaged, outdated or have lost pressure.
- Clean your garbage disposal. Grind two trays of ice cubes made from a mixture of one cup white vinegar to one gallon of water.
- Test your air conditioning system (before you really need it!) and have it inspected by a professional to keep it in top running condition. We provide this service at Ashton Laine!
Michael Carr is the Co-Founder & COO of BrandFace, LLC. He is also a real estate branding expert and international bestselling author. As America’s Top Selling Real Estate Auctioneer, he has sold billions of dollars in commercial and residential properties.